Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes 7 - 29 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 1:16

Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.
Sophia Loren

From early on there were two things that filled my life - music and storytelling, both of them provoked by my father. He was a jazz pianist and also a very good storyteller, an avid reader. He passed both those interests on to me.
Athol Fugard

I grew up in New England at the edge of the Atlantic and have for many years been an avid rower. I've rowed in various places, including the Ganges in India, the River Shannon in Ireland, and the Sea of Galilee.
Rosemary Mahoney

I'm an avid bridge player. I usually go to the local bridge club three or four times a week. I've always been a game-player, and I think bridge is one of the greatest games ever invented. It's too bad that not many young people play it any more.
Louis Sachar

I'm an avid animal lover. When I was 16, I wanted to be a vet or a zookeeper. I grew up with animals. At one time we had between five and eight dogs in the house, with four cats. We're menagerie people.
Misty May-Treanor

We had an erector set, and I was an avid fan of Popular Mechanics and Popular Science magazines.
James Van Allen

I'm an avid biography reader.
Brent Spiner

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes 7 - 29 - 14

Good ones,

o

I agree with Sophia Loren,
There are so many talented people that hide their talent , because they are afraid to go out there and make someth9ng happen.'
Love the word "avid". Does that mean you are a follower or a leader?

o

Avid reader, that's what I am. Like the quotes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here