Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 7 -2 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 1:47

I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.
Lewis Carroll

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Lewis Carroll

Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.
Lewis Carroll

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop.
Lewis Carroll

While the laughter of joy is in full harmony with our deeper life, the laughter of amusement should be kept apart from it. The danger is too great of thus learning to look at solemn things in a spirit of mockery, and to seek in them opportunities for exercising wit.
Lewis Carroll

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 7 -2 -13

Now those are a great start for the day. Thanks.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 7:11

They all resonate with me, but the older I get, the more I wonder/ponder about #3: who am I really? Who is this person living in my body? Does anyone ever truly know his/her self? I'm beginning to doubt it--at least, for myself!

o

They are all food for thought, good quotes

o

Upon reading MWheel's post, I must ponder in whose body do I live? Surely it cannot be mine, as in no way would I choose it.

o

In one of my college classes, we had to describe, in writing,who we really thought we were.
We described mostly what we "did".
The teacher turned it around and asked us to describe other people in the class.
It was an eye opener. Both positive and negative.
From reading your posts, I's say you are kind, curious, educated, interesting, loyal and much more..........I enjoy your posts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here