Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

quotes 7 - 8 - 14

User
9 years ago

Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning.
Maya Angelou

I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.
John Steinbeck

We can learn to see each other and see ourselves in each other and recognize that human beings are more alike than we are unalike.
Maya Angelou

All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion, desire.
Aristotle

Truth is, I'll never know all there is to know about you just as you will never know all there is to know about me. Humans are by nature too complicated to be understood fully. So, we can choose either to approach our fellow human beings with suspicion or to approach them with an open mind, a dash of optimism and a great deal of candour.
Tom Hanks

Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being.
Khalil Gibran

All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together.
Jack Kerouac

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams

Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.
Grenville Kleiser

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Robert A. Heinlein

Comments (5)