Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 7 - 5 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 2:28

I like to reminisce with people I don't know.
Steven Wright

To reminisce with my old friends, a chance to share some memories, and play our songs again.
Ricky Nelson

Buckminster Fuller was one of those world historic geniuses who reminded us of the extraordinary things that are possible, and inspires all of us to set about doing them!
Marianne Williamson

Some people are uncomfortable with the idea that humans belong to the same class of animals as cats and cows and raccoons. They're like the people who become successful and then don't want to be reminded of the old neighborhood.
Phil Donahue

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
John F. Kennedy

Watching a peaceful death of a human being reminds us of a falling star; one of a million lights in a vast sky that flares up for a brief moment only to disappear into the endless night forever.
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Your body actually reminds you about your age and your injuries - the body has a stronger memory than your mind.
Mikhail Baryshnikov

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 7 - 5 - 14

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 8:16

All good quotes; the one by Stephen Wright makes me chuckle, Elizabeth Kubler-Ross' gives me comfort, and truer words were never spoken than Mikhail Baryshnikov's! I am discovering this, anew, almost everytime I move!! :<(

o

Phil Donahue is my favorite today.

o

I like the Steven Wright's quote.
I like to reminisce with people that have had the same experiences that I've had. We start out with "do you remember'? and go on from there.

o

Fine quotes, Baryshnikov, such a fabulous dancer knows what he's talking about, Ballet is a cruel task-master

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here