Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 7-2-11

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 2, 11 at 3:12

It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.
C. S. Lewis

Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have.
Margaret Mead

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 7-2-11

Bravo C.S.Lewis! - Bravo Don, for ending the week with another good set of quotes, you started my mornings in the right frame of mind.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 2, 11 at 15:15

Thanks Don, for the quotes, this week. It's always interesting to me to read what others' choose to post. It usually leads me to learning something new--which is a good thing! :>)

o

Thanks for the great quotes,Don.
I think I'm a "good egg" as the saying goes, but perhaps I need to break out out of my shell and crack some yolkes. LOL.
I like the Margaret Mead quote but I'm not sure if it is true that caring people can/will change the world.

o

Thanks for a great week. Your quotes always hit home and make me think.

o

When 1 gate of pleasure closes, an alternative opens up; yet people continue to look particularly long in the closed up doorway that we fail to identify entrance that's unveiled for us

Here is a link that might be useful: Change Quotes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here