Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes 7 - 19 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 6:41

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
Josh Billings

A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.
Robert Benchley

You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog.
Harry S. Truman

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
Andy Rooney

To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace.
Milan Kundera

My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpet or ruin our lives.
Rita Rudner

We've begun to long for the pitter-patter of little feet - so we bought a dog. Well, it's cheaper, and you get more feet.
Rita Rudner

Veterans report that service dogs help break their isolation. People will often avert their eyes when they see a wounded veteran. But when the veteran has a dog, the same people will come up and say, 'Hi' to pet the dog and then strike up a conversation.
Al Franken

I believe that I was a dog in a past life. That's the only thing that would explain why I like to snack on Purina Dog Chow.
Dean Koontz

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.
Steven Wright

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes 7 - 19 - 14

Thanks, Don, I enjoyed reading these dog quotes. My dog Henry is one of the nicest people I know.

o

Thank you for the dog quotes, even cat persons like a few dogs.
My dog Gussie used to be a working dog, a herder ad now, retired, she is confused, doesn't know if she should be a companion or if she should herd me.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 11:18

Don, the dog quotes are super and good for a real chuckle. When you posted the 'cat quotes', and I confessed to having become a 'cat person' since we've had Maggie, I know that I also still have a very soft spot in my heart for our canine friends. Both cats and dogs are one of God's gifts to man, IMO.

o

Although I don't have a dog anymore, all the neighborhood dogs are my friends and I appreciate the dog quotes.

o

Thanks for the dog and cat quotes, Don.
Reminds me when we were a young family, we had both a dog and cats. They did not really like each other, but they tolerated each other. There was always competition for lap and cuddle time.
Somehow we made it work, they lived long and happy lives.
Thanks for the memories.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here