Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have A Happy

Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 7:42

4th of July, everybody! If fireworks are allowed--or haven't been cancelled b/c of lack of funds--enjoy them. As for DH and me, we'll watch the live TV showing of the ones on the National Mall at the foot of the Wash. Monument. For most of my growing up and young adult years, we were part of the crowds waiting and watching. Lots of fun!

It'll also be an inside day for me, as the temp may go into the 90s. Come on, October!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have A Happy

Happy 4th too. Fireworks have been cancelled on account of an abundance of water. My cat likes that and I watch, as usual, the celebration in Washington.

o

Happy 4th! from me! I had my fireworks last night, provided by Mom Nature, a rip-roaring T-storm! Haven't had one of those for years, and this one pulled out all the stops, the lightning was spectacular, both intricate woven bolts and sheet-lightning, bringing the outline of the hills in old relief. The show lasted better than an hour, power went out for less than a minute.
Gussie was not amused, it took three doses of Rescue Remedy to get her kind of calmed down and she spent the night in her pen, holed up in her Dogloo.
I even had a ten minute cloudburst!

o

What is RESCUE REMEDY. May try some myself.

o

Happy 4th to all.
My first 4th in this country was spent at the Washington mall. It was an awesome day.
We are spending a quiet (we hope) day at home.
I fixed potato salad, we'll have hot dogs and Apple, caramel tartlets.

Below is a photo of our flag showing through our blinds in the living room. It looks nice and shady, but we have one more hot day,

o

Happy 4th.

o

Have a good one.

o

Happy 4th!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here