Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Away I go.

User
12 years ago

Off to San Diego for consultation electrocardiogram, ultrasound and scheduling for ablation. Riding the Amtrak for an adventure, cheaper than gas even in the PT cruiser.

Comments (15)

• lilod
    12 years ago

Have a nice train ride and my best wishes go with you for a good result of your consultation!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    12 years ago

I'll be thinking about you!

• mwoods
    12 years ago

Me too and I hope it's an easy day for you Don.

• endorphinjunkie
    12 years ago

I've made that train ride a time or two way back when. Good luck on the medical.

• oscarthecat
    12 years ago

Hang Tuff Don Steve

• mawheel
    12 years ago

Hope your medical consultation goes well and that you enjoyed the train ride.

• jazmynsmom
    12 years ago

Bon voyage et bon courage!

• calliope
    12 years ago

Best wishes going with you too. Love them choo choos.

• petaloid
    12 years ago

I like Amtrak - hope all goes well!

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

Best wishes and a smooth ride, love trains. Hope your tests go well.

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

I hope your journey, both in the medical and train world will be positive.

• gandle
    12 years ago

Good luck, Don.

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Long day, got up at 5:00 to catch the 6:30 train. Neither of us slept well, hot and restless cats and us. 2 hour train ride (sat on the ocean side to see the surfers), then a 40 min. bus ride. Bus dropped me off right at the front door. appointment was at 11:00 and the nurses were glad I was early to take vitals and heart monitor stuff.

Dr. called my name an hour later, asked all the questions and looked at the read outs. Said next time to see me would be for the procedure. Down side is a three month waiting period as it is quite popular. Have to do a stress test up here and regular appointments and meds. till then.

Had time between arrival, appointment, bus and train and have learned to be prepared. I have my Moms harmonicas from the '50s and a tenor rosewood recorder I got at the Renaissance Faire many years ago that I have been keeping handy for down time between appointments. Not the greatest in the world but keep improving bit by bit.

Played a few songs outside where I wouldn't bother any one and attracted a few music lovers. A severely disabled fellow who was working cleaning the out door walk ways sat next to me on a bench and listened for a 15 min. break at the hospital. A nice lady at the bus stop in front of the hospital said she enjoyed listening to me work on "The A Train" on the "Chromonica" so I played some other songs for her. Then while waiting for the train a Grand Mother with two young boys sat next to me while I played a few songs. The little one, about 4 or 5 asked a lot of questions.

Had a good time the drifted off on the train home. Quarter of six Missy came to pick me up at the station.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    12 years ago

So glad it's going well. We encourage people to play their instruments for those in our hospital. I bet yours would too. It makes people happy. I love that I had to decide, did Don mean a "grandmother" or did he mean a GRAND mother, for whom you played? Then, I decided it didn't matter. You could've meant both concurrently. You make me smile Mr. Pisces.

:)

• mawheel
    12 years ago

Don, glad the appointment went well, but sorry you have to wait 3 months for the procedure.

You chose a pleasant way to pass the time while waiting for the train--especially for the folks who got to listen to your music.

Sponsored
More Discussions