Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Are you ready to see my greatgrandmother's redone quilt?

rob333 (zone 7b)
12 years ago

Remember when I asked for help? I set it aside and decided I would work on that project later. Later, our very dear family friend came to Nashville and wanted to see the pieces. I told her I didn't have it, but I could show her later. Instead, she asked me to mail it to her. She made three quilts. She used as much of the material as possible. Each square she made has four smaller squares of Mamaw's quilt and it's bound with her additions. I call them picture frames of love. :) The white fabric with black and red corners.

She sent Mommy the "big" one for her birthday, on Friday. It's called Jennie's Crayon Box. My greatgrandmother was Jennie Belle Hite Neese. And the person who worked on it was Jenny (our friend). My quilt, smaller at about 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 feet is known as the Midwife quilt because I "gave birth" to the idea. I never save anything for something special, but this one will not get used. Ever. It's getting hung. I couldn't decide where, but as I carried into my bedroom, I realized what a pefect headboard it'd make over my bed. I've been missing a headboard since Ed took it October 2008. My sister gets the last one, but we haven't seen it or know its name. I can't wait to see mom's and sis's. Here's mine:

{{gwi:171135}}

The link below is what it looked like before

Here is a link that might be useful: before pictures

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions