Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sometimes, You just have to wonder

Posted by agnespuffin (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 26, 11 at 9:34

I am sure, that by now, everyone with a newspaper, TV or radio knows that most governmental bodies, state and federal, are having a hard time making ends meet.

So, I have to wonder why our state has picked this time to have a contest to choose a new design for our license plates. Is everyone working for free on this? I doubt it. Are they going to charge a bundle for the new plates?

But, the contest had boiled down to a selection of eight, then three. Soon a winner would be declared. WOW!

Whoa, not so fast! It seems that there is now a dispute and we will hold the contest all over again. $$$$$$$$$

The reason for the new contest. It seems that there is a faction that thinks it's important to have "In God We Trust" on the plate.

I have no comment.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sometimes, You just have to wonder

Haven't they heard of separation of Church and State? Duh. And I believe in God. Get real, people. Wish the government would get its act together and move forward. All right already! It's time. Wonder what's going on in any of those heads.

o

Job creation.

o

Don, you could be right. We probably have a whole new department just for designing plates. Then, there's all the people involved in the contest. It really boggles the mind when you think about all the jobs this one thing has created. (personally, I think our new governor is buying votes the only way he knows)

I think, but not sure, that we are one of the few states where the plates are still made in prisons, by prison labor. Maybe we should move that process out into the private sector.

o

Why?

o

Tongue was firmly in cheek......Job creation

o

I was wondering if maybe all those jobs related to the design are being done by prisoners?

o

Agnespuffin..........s'cuse me....LOL......I'm blonde.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here