No calories there

Lilo Ducommun
written 3/13/14

This post was edited by lilosophie on Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 11:53

Comments (7)

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

One of my favorite topics, food.
    It was a hot day yesterday ,so DH and I stopped and had a sugar cone with Pralines 'n Cream Ice Cream @ Baskin-Robbins.
    Yum...........

• mawheel
    9 years ago

Lilo, your poem "Food", is very apt. I wish I would indulge more in the 'food for thought' stanza, and less in the 'food -- an indulgence' one!

WG, you are right in tune with the calendar; in today's paper, I read that July is National Ice Cream Month, so, let's try to support dairy farmers and eat more ice cream!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    9 years ago

LOVED it! Great food for thought.

• User
    9 years ago

And now I have to count carbohydrates and salt/sugars to keep my blood sugars under control and hopefully lose a few. Guess the whole thing applies to this body. Makes you more aware of what tempts and what actually goes in. Keep me strong to fight off these imbedded desires.

Went to VA today and the guy at the window in rehab said my appointment is tomorrow. I salvaged the trip and found out an item had come in to the office next to rehab but then they couldn't find it. At least they will look for it tomorrow before I get there.

Have been borrowing time on Missy's computer and did not read the VA calendar properly, she has an old narrower monitor. My machine is not working and it may turn out to require a new one. Looking for sales on laptops at Micro center. Also trying to set up an old laptop to use in the mean time.

Give me a few more days to get back to the quotes, you all do it so well. Perhaps Sweet Betsy would share a poem or two.

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning, Don - glad to hear from you, it never seems to end, that doctoring, does it. I just got into the poems because tyhereis no way I could come up with the wonderful quotes you do, and a poem a day is sort of nice, so I thought.
    You take care and keep in touch, Brother :)

• anneliese_32
    9 years ago

Like Don, I thought about my carbs. Unfortunately, most of the food I like is loaded with carbs. I never was a big sweet eater - until I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes type two. All of a sudden I craved anything sweet, even ice-cream which before I ate maybe once or twice a year.

• User
    9 years ago

The old lap top is working after downloading 550 updates. Now to get used to Linux again. Thanks for filling in and keeping tradition going.

Sponsored
More Discussions