Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Journal 29 July 2010

Posted by rob333 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 10:28

I'm moving! The bank takes the property back Aug 20th, and so I have to be out pronto. I began packing up the stuff when LF took off to hang out with his dad for a couple of weeks. I can't decide which is less stressful, LF being in the middle of the chaos, but a part of it all, or coming back home to a home that is totally new??? But I picked the latter of the two. Last night, my sister and I did the most objectionable of the moving tasks (and that we've been dreading), taking all of the boxes out of the attic. We thought it would take hours and hours, but it was swift and we were done in 2 1/2 hours. It was fun and amazingly simple. It was so easy, now I can't stop thinking about how excited I am about going home tonight to get more of it done. Guess I passed the halfway hump and I'm finally glad to be going. I do have bruises in the strangest places from last night though, tops of my feet (no shoes on) and the back of my right elbow??? I keep hitting my elbow, worse than a sore thumb!

Well, here she is. Isn't she cute? Built in 1928. I'll take pictures of the inside later on. We're sharing the house, them in the top, us in the bottom. A sweet couple with a 3 year old adoptee.

I'm not allowed (it's in the lease, no joke) to do yardwork or improve the dwelling. Darn! ;) So no more of the stuff I've done for years. Ed is coming soon to get the appliances we paid for (remember, his house burned down?) and the tools I NO LONGER NEED!!!!!! Wahooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Journal 29 July 2010

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 13:40

Robin, I'm so glad for you! You're persevered and hung in there thru some really tough times. Isn't it great to have a feeling of happy, excited anticipation about something?

Looking forward to seeing pictures. (Don't forget to take a break once in awhile!)

o

I can't decide if I am more glad that the past is past (almost) or if I am more glad the future holds such hope. Either way!

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 17:48

"No yardwork or improving the dwelling" that makes me smile. I am certain that your creative energy will find another outlet, wonder what it will be?
The future beckons and I know you are ready for it.

o

Robin, what a long journey over an often rocky road. I've followed you along for a lot of years now and I hope this new chapter in your life is a happy one, a good one, a healthy one.

Look forward.

o

Robin, I feel such a sense of relief for you.
You are young, smart and a survivor now get out and live
life to the fullest.
Don't look back except to see how far you've come on
this journey.

o

That's really cute Robin! What a relief! No gardening... no fixing up. What will you do? I know. Cook! LOL. Enjoy and do take pics of the kitchen too.. smiles.

o

What a nice new abode. Just the right place for a new beginning. The journey was a hard one but from now on all the best for a bright future. After all you have been through, everything is possible.

o

Coconut, you hit the nail on the head, cooking. Howdya know I was getting a kitchen with all the cabinets easily accessed, so all my gadgets and dishes will reappear? Happily, some of Ed's dishes reappeared. Along with his high school annuals and his college (Business degree, but I am not certain if his Master's was in there) have appeared. He hasn't lost everything!

o
RRE: Journal 29 July 2010

College diploma appeared. Sheesh. Must have coffee!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here