Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Musin' on a Sunday

Posted by endorphinjunkie z7bAlabama (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 12:05

The weather has been brutal of late. An alarmist might cite global warming. Those of us who have been around more than a few years know that this occasional aberration is nothing new. We can all recall times of similar conditions.

I'm sitting in the sun room in the relative coolness. For my outside dog I keep a bowl filled with dry dog food for her dining leisure. She eats only what she needs so there is also some food in the dish. The grackles capitalize on this. The dry dog food is a bit hard for them to chew. They have learned that if they take the bit to the dog's water dish and dip the bit into the water it becomes soft enough for them to eat. Smart birds they are. Must be related to crow, another very smart bird.

Chemo was an adventure. Loss of body functions and impaired thought process and memory.

I'm over it, but not unscathed.

Being above ground, though, is definitely better than the alternative. For the moment. May the moment last a long time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Musin' on a Sunday

• Posted by batya Israel north 8-9-10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 12:44

Dorph - great to hear from you. Hang in there buddy.
Many blessings and a nice ride on the water soon for you!

o

Michael, it's so nice to hear from you. Hope you feel better soon. Chemo is the pits, but it beats the alternative. Since you are a runner, watch out for the aftereffects on your feet, in case you have to deal with neuropathy. So speaks the dummy who kind of shrugged it off.
Isn't it fun to watch what the backyard zoo does? The word birdbrain is a compliment. I have a couple of hummingbird feeders with the ant-traps above them. If you keep the cup filled, the chicadees will drink there, I have never seen them at the birdbath.
Take good care of yourself, don't push it, the marathon can wait until next year and let hear from you once in a while.

o

We have been feeding hummers over 40 yrs here, This is the first time I have seen a small woodpecker and a finch feeding from the necter feeder. there is water available.

o

Hi, endorphinjunkie. Sorry about your health issues, but I'm glad you are well enough to post again.

o

Michael, it was good to check in and see you posting.
I am so sorry to hear about the chemo but so happy that you have finished with it.

I don't get many chances to check in here any more so I
didn't know you were having to go through this.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 21:35

How good to read your post. I'm very glad the chemo is over, and hope you'll continue to feel better.

o

Hello Michael
So good to hear from you. Isn't it funny how we really worry about folks we have never met, but they are closer to us than some of the ones in the physical neighborhood? Hope you are able to drop oin every once in a while

o

Glad to see you Michael! Sorry didn't post here sooner. I was putting in a new radiator into the Miata and then taking care of mommy over the weekend. It's good you're done with chemo. Take care and let us know if you need anything at all.

o

Glad to see you posting Michael, the bumps we get in life seem to pick their time to show up and remind us of our fragility to balance out the strengths. Gist for musin and reminders of our connection to Mother Earth. Hoping for good years ahead for you and a permanent resolution of this setback. Keep on keepin on.

o

Thank you everyone. I saw a cardinal availing itself of the dog food. Though it doesn't follow the grackles lead, as it has not learnt to dunk it's food just yet.

o

Yes, chemo sucks. Watch out for the neuropathy. Sorry you had to go throught it.

o

Michael, its good to hear from you, I think of you often.
My sister-in-law is going though Chemo, please take care of yourself. God bless you, you are in my prayers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here