Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don'ts and does.

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 12:15

Don't put a pot with red beets on the stove, turn it on and wander out in the backyard to fill the hummingbird feeders. Well, why am here I might as well pick up the tree litter from last nights storm and, and...! It takes a long time to clean out your best stainless steel pot and longer to get the smell out of the house.

Don't swing your 5 lbs weights criss-cross in front of you and watch the news. A swollen and blue right thumb will be the result.

Do reminiscense with friends you had when you were 5 to 10 years and 14 to 16 in your hometown. They moved here before I did and we had not seen each other for over 50 years. While remembering the mischief we used to get into, we talked about childrens songs and thanks to some of my old records and you-tube Germany ended up with many songs, more loud than well and a lot of laughter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don'ts and does.

Yuck to the beets, I can imagine! I like beets, but imagining burnt beets makes me shudder. It is so easy to get side-tracked,
multitasking is not always a good idea.
But your re-union with old friends from Germany sounds wonderful.

o

Missy ties a string on her finger.

o

Lol. don't take it for granted that you know how to cook something like carrots, even after 60 years of cooking carrots ,when you have a new "green" pan that says it will take "less" time and energy to cook those carrots.
I'm a believer , since I I set the timer for my usual time, and by then the carrots were not only done, but starting to burn. Green pans work. Live and learn.
Luv you story about the family reunion. I'm the first generation here in the US, but I've made sure that our children know who their relatives are from the old country. And the younger generation is connecting all over the social media and planning visits.
I

o

Thank you for sharing the fruits of your weekend wisdom with us, anneliese!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here