Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dog Days Musin'

Posted by endorphinjunkie z7bAlabama (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 12:58

It's too hot to do much else. I do believe the equatorial nations of the world got it right when each one invented it's version of the siesta.

Been cruising youtube. Came across several of my favourite poems that I learnt in childhood, or yet, early adolescence. This is one I chose to memorize for a 10th grade English Class. Everyone else was doing Robbie Burns or Emmy Dickens or some others in the same vein.

Invictus

Was pleased to find that some European bank had commissioned a series of ads and hired top shelf actors to read classic works. I was pleased to see John Gielgud reading "Ullysses" but he's reading it too fast for my taste. Time constraint, methinks.

This has lead to searching for other poets and works on youtube. Yeats is the bomb. It's been a most pleasant hour or so of some creative time slaying.

Time slaying is a fine art, and works the same way as those who subscribe to the theory about time spent fishing not being charged against one's allotted time on this marble.

Where's Batya? She mentioned a hydroponics project a month or two ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dog Days Musin'

Heard someone talking a couple of weeks ago, and they were citing a survey given to people who were older on what they would've done differently. The overwhelming answers were, and I totally agree, risk more, did things that lasted longer (invest in the future? something like that), and pondered more. Ponder more really stuck with me. I remember in my senior seminar class the professor was taking about how some people think others who sit and think are wasting time. But he thought it was a worthwhile thing and other thinkers of his time have too. I don't disagree. But just sitting and thinking, that takes effort. At least as an American.

So what are you going to grow with your hydroponics?

C'mon batya! Come report.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here