Rose of Sharon blooming - pink

lilosophie
10 years ago

Overnight the buds are popping open, the bush is loaded, hummer will be happy

Comments (8)

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And lavender - one each on each side of the steps :)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

Yours are gorgeous! Mine are never what I want. They end sprouting in the fence row along with all the other weeds, in all sorts of odd, sickly colors. Hm. You must be feeding and speaking to them well!

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rob, I never feed them, rarely water them. Prune them a little in winter. The pink one is probably 30 years old, the lavender one maybe 15 or so. Maybe it's my micro-climate that is kind to them.

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

I like that they are double- so often you see the plain single ones all over the place. They are beautiful.

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

My neighbor has the plain ones along our property line, some of them are now in our yard and are a pain.. They show up all over the yard and garden. Would not mind yours, they are gorgeous. Well, I kept some of them anyway for the hummers.

• gabriell_gw
    10 years ago

Those are beautiful! I once had a lavender one. My aunt gave it to me having rooted it from a cutting. One year it didn't come back, we had some ice that winter. It made me sad to loose it.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    10 years ago

That lavender one is so pretty, but would you look at the pink one against that sky! Wow.

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rhizo, that California sky is so intense, I think It's because of the low humidity

Sponsored
More Discussions