o
Rose of Sharon blooming - pink

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 14:05

Overnight the buds are popping open, the bush is loaded, hummer will be happy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose of Sharon blooming - pink

And lavender - one each on each side of the steps :)

o

Yours are gorgeous! Mine are never what I want. They end sprouting in the fence row along with all the other weeds, in all sorts of odd, sickly colors. Hm. You must be feeding and speaking to them well!

o

Rob, I never feed them, rarely water them. Prune them a little in winter. The pink one is probably 30 years old, the lavender one maybe 15 or so. Maybe it's my micro-climate that is kind to them.

o

I like that they are double- so often you see the plain single ones all over the place. They are beautiful.

o

My neighbor has the plain ones along our property line, some of them are now in our yard and are a pain.. They show up all over the yard and garden. Would not mind yours, they are gorgeous. Well, I kept some of them anyway for the hummers.

o

Those are beautiful! I once had a lavender one. My aunt gave it to me having rooted it from a cutting. One year it didn't come back, we had some ice that winter. It made me sad to loose it.

o

That lavender one is so pretty, but would you look at the pink one against that sky! Wow.

o

Rhizo, that California sky is so intense, I think It's because of the low humidity

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here