Dances in stream

7/31/14
L.D.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordinary morning (Poem)

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 15:39

'An ordinary morning', perhaps, but a lovely word picture.Thanks for sharing it with us.

We see a hawk about two times a year; when it's around, the birds' warning system is activated, and they are nowhere to be heard or seen.

We do have a tiny female hummer visiting our feeder, several times a day. She is a joy to watch.

o

Great description of your morning ritual. Hope the hawk had other business. Had more computer problems but now working.

o

Haven't seen any hummers this year. We sometimes go several years without seeing any, or else I'm out somewhere else when they are here. Have had them get in the greenhouse twice and it is nerve wracking to get them out before they injure themselves.

We do have quite a few red-tailed hawks here and they are out-and-about every day. I worry about the baby keets that have just hatched as they would be a good snack for the hawks.

Lilo, after reading your posts and seeing the pictures you have posted over the years, I can just see that poem playing out in real time. It's just you - absolutely. Thanks so much!

Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here