Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How terrible

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 15:21

Westgardener, I am so sorry that you have such a sad day today. We might be American citizens, bad part of us is still "home", especially if we still have family there. Hope nobody in your family got hurt.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How terrible

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 17:14

I was shocked when I read the news, Norway! We don't think of it as a center of political unrest and political violence.
Appears that no matter where, the layer of civilization is very thin, isn't it?

o

Yes, I saw this on the news today and thought, what in the world?

Norway, of all places???

My best to you, Westgardener, and to all affected by these terrible attacks.

o

Thank you for your concern about my birth country. I appreciate it. It was somewhat of a shock to read the news.
Thank goodness I have not had any phone calls/emails from family being touched by this madness.
I said I was somewhat in shock about the news. But I'm not surprised at all.
Norway has been part of the so called "coalition" in both Afganistan and Iraq from the start, someone from Norway wrote some comic strips about Islam, and Holy Hell broke loose.
Re the children being killed on the island. I know that island, I spent many a summers there, I learned to swim there.
The only way to get there is by boat, ferry or private boat.
It took a lot of planning to get there and klll the children.
Cowards all.

Here is a link that might be useful: Why?

o

Sorry that the insanity of the rest of the world has found it's way to your home country. I always pictured it as a serene beautiful place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here