Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indoor plants for fall and winter

Posted by taiwwa none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 15:21

Hi,

So I'm getting into gardening some. Right now, my most interesting plant is this large pumpkin plant which is like 10 feet long and has wildly exceeded my expectations.

Anyways, so winter is going to be here in a few months and I"ve been thinking about what to plant during winter, indoors. i've never had much luck with indoor plants like they sell at big box store garden centers, since they tend to be kind of fragile. At the same time, when I"ve kept pumpkin plants indoors, they just stay a relatively small size.

Tomato plants seem to grow well indoors. But I'm mainly looking for oxygenating plants, for indoors.

So, suggestions? how do you know a plant is good for oxygenating indoor areas? Simple leaf size?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indoor plants for fall and winter

Hi,
Welcome to the GP.
Below is a link to a list of air filtering plants.
I Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Air filtering plants

o

I'll encourage you to visit the Houseplant Forum where you will find that most of us don't think of indoor plants as fragile! You'll find plenty of help over there by posting this same question.

Here is a link that might be useful: Let's go to the Houseplant Forum...click here

o

Hey there! My hubs does indoor plants all winter, too. It's really nice, I love seeing the greenery since we get LOTS of snow for a lot of the year. :) You will definitely find there are a lot of plants which do very well indoors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here