Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Darn it, we missed it.

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 15:31

The manure fest in Norfolk NE the last 2 days. It was on the noon news today. Guess they had a large attendance and a banquet was served at the close of the business days. Believe I'm happy we missed it although a banquet at a manure fest sounds---well unappetizing. Was going to substitute another word but changed my mind.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Darn it, we missed it.

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 17:10

Any excuse to have a festival, I suppose.. Manure is rather respectable though, it does an honorable job. Now that there are no horses on the property, I miss it, the small flock of chickens doesn't contribute much and the goats drop their wherever they go, so it can't be gathered.
What a subject!

o

I guess the people in Norfolk NE wanted to promote their product. Nothing wrong with that.

o

Lilo.......if I could figure a cheap way to ship it, I'd gladly share my chickeypoo with you. My cup runneth over.

We have our.....uhm.....unusual festivals too. One right off the top of my head is the Moonshine Festival. We hillbillies and our hootch. LOL. I also remember my father talking about the coal mine fire of 1884. It's still burning after all these years.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moonshine festival

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here