Our light and hope and joy once more.

Sad soul, take comfort, nor forget
That sunrise never failed us
yet!
--Celia Thaxter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote, July 27, 2011 - Sunrise

I like the sunrise to wake to or to watch from a working time starting in the middle of the night. The sky does so many colors and textures as the appearance creeps up on us.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 28, 11 at 18:45

When or if the sunrise ever fails us, we're all going to be in big trouble!

o

Somtimes the actual sunrise is difficult to see. So when a cyber friend who lives in a place where the sun is rarely seen complained that the sun would never show up again. I went out every morning to take a pic of the sunrise outside my front door, just to convince him that the sun is there and at some point it would come to his front door.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunrise from my front door

o

That's nice of you West. I thought of friends in Alaska during the dark times.

Thanks for this quote. I needed it tonight. Several canines I keep track of online have died today and yesterday and it's been very sad. This helped.

o

For me the most magical part of the day is sunrise and sunset. Being an early riser I walk in the sunrise on my way back from my morning rounds and when I worked nightshift, my window was facing East. There is always the knowledge it is there, even if dark clouds hide it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here