Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree of Life

Posted by krista_marie 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 16:13

Have any of you seen this movie? Maybe I was too tired to begin with, but it was slooooooower than molasses on a cold day. We made it through the first hour and at the point we left the theater the dinosaurs were inhabiting the Earth. Today, I went to IMBD.com to read the reviews and discovered we were in the minority. I would require hallucinogens to finish the movie. On the upside, the Vietnamese restaurant we tried was excellent.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree of Life

From everything I've read and heard people are leaving the theaters in droves,and some demanding their money back. I'll wait for Netflix.

o
RE: Tree of Life

I just love that you're saying "we". :) Here's what Rotten Tomatoes had to say about Tree of Life: "Terrence Malick's singularly deliberate style may prove unrewarding for some, but for patient viewers, Tree of Life is an emotional as well as visual treat." You are definitely not alone, as there were 15% of reviewers who didn't like it either.

I too was disappointed recently, after watching the much anticipated Harry Potter final movie. What I've come to love about HP is that JK Rowling writes with such rich depth, and the movies reflect her musings well. This one was way too gimmicky for me. Totally about the special effects. I expected there to be some sort of delving into the personal relationships as this one ties that part up, nada. Well, lightly touched on it. But not really. I'm in a really small minority.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here