Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unwanted Music!!!

Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 18:21

Is anyone else getting weird music when they click on a post on the GP? It started on Sat., and won't go away! Maybe for 30 seconds, when I switch to a different post, but it always comes back. I can't find anything to account for it--or way to make it stop, but I sure don't like it!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unwanted Music!!!

No music here but have no idea why you would get it.

o

I always surf the web with my sound muted so I don't hear anything unless I want to listen to something.(like Don's music links).
I enabled my music and clicked on several GP posts, but I did not hear any music.
Could you post a post where you hear music?

o

Mute your sound before clicking on the page below, because it has auto music. Enable your sound if you want to hear the music.
I wrote the auto music code on purpose, (before I knew any better).
Perhaps GW needs to look at their code.

Here is a link that might be useful: Auto music

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 20:26

Anneliese and west gardener, thanks for responding. Right now, I think I'm crazy or imagining things, b/c I'm not hearing any music! Earlier, it happened even when I went to Hot Topics. (And believe me, there are enough odd things there without my hearing music, too! ) :>)

West gardener, you may have given a clue by your link. When I went to it, a message appeared saying I needed to add something with/from QuickTime. I remembered I had done something like that a few days ago--then, the music started. I'll definitely see if the music and QuickTime are connected.

To be honest, I may feel too foolish to tell you, if it starts, again. Then--I may not! I keep saying that one of the benefits of getting REALLY older is that I've lost my inhibition of being a "meek little mouse"! LOL

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 20:48

Guess what? On the Kitchen Table, there's a thread with several posts about hearing music. A few thought it was some kind of ad, but others said no, it was connected with a virus--that's not the right word, but it's in that area!

Anyway, I'm glad to know I'm not completely crazy!!

o

Glad I could help in some way.
I'm having a battle with" Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player".
Lol, if you find out any info, please post it here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here