Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A national park on the moon.

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 18:40

There is a bill that proposes a National Park on the moon. I saw that the bill has little chance of passing. This topic caught my fancy because the US has been a champion of national parks, so why not a park on the moon?

Here is a link that might be useful: A national park on the moon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A national park on the moon.

It looks like we would be able to use our Paypal in space.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paypal in space.

o

Oh well, I think it's it far fetched, for one - the US doesn't own the moon, and most important, Congress should have better things to do than playing Science Fiction. "nuff said, this is the GP not the HT

o

I can't help but wonder about how much it has cost (wasted) to bring this bill along this far.

o

I had no idea this was a HT nor Science Fiction. I don't do either one.
Living in Silicon Valley I'm used to people with big ideas and making them come to reality.
I still find the whole thing interesting.

o

"To the moon Alice" there is a thread on HT about it. Perhaps Jackie Gleason started my interest in scy fi, nah must have been the original Outer Limits.

o

Don, I watched the shows you mentioned on TV, and perhaps the movers and shakers got their ideas from some of these shows and made it a reality.
I always get a pitter patter feeling when someone comes up with a "wild" idea and makes it work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here