Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_871924

Summer movies

Pidge
13 years ago

Having a granddaughter visiting for two weeks means I saw Toy Story 3 and Despicable Me. TS3 was the best of that series! And DM was good if not on that level.

Today, dealing with an adult daughter, saw Inception. I had read some of the reviews and some of them were not awed by the film. So I entered the theater with middling expectations. I love Leo DiCaprio and expected him to be good whatever else happened in the film. And I had read that the less you know about this film before seeing is to your advantage.

Whoa! I loved this film! Plot? It's all dreams, and what dream has a plot? It's about dreams that bleed into other dreams and then blend into other people's dreams and they mixed together. One moves from city streets to snow-covered mountains to snug interiors to city lofts furnished with deck chairs--you know, like in a dream where nothing is logical--and yet there really is a narrative that ties all this into a scheme. No spoilers, but one does leave the film asking if what one wants and what one dreams have anything to do with each other.

I don't know if anyone will think this a "great" film, but I do like the philosophical, psychological, sociological, and relationship questions. And it's also about love.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions