Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BBQ Smells

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 12 at 19:27

Thinking about anneliese's comment about BBQ smells on the 4th.
And also thinking about how things change in small ways.
Prophane super grills v the old weber.It is my observation that the propane grills do not give the satisfying smell of the grease hitting the coals on the old Weber and permiate the air.
A small change makes a difference.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BBQ Smells

I liked the old Weber also.

o

There was a certain ritual to the old-time Weber, the coals had to be just so and timing was important, but living in a high fire danger area I like the idea that most everyone is using propane grills, much safer.
I had to move my grill to it's summer location, it was too close to the back-door and set off both smoke alarms in the house, so I think there was enough BBQ smell emanating from it.

o

Personally, I think propane grills shouldn't be compared to the wood or charcoal grills ~ the gas may be easier to use and the food may look the same, but imo, nothing tastes better than real coal-grilled! However, I'm sufficiently odd enough to think that a teeny hibachi does just as good [or better!] than any big grill. -Of course, grilling for two is different from grilling for ten or twenty.

o

We won't ever have a gas grill. Robert had one before we got married, but he got hooked on my Weber! With a chimney starter and one sheet of newspaper, coals start very easily with very little waiting time. We love the Kingsford Competition briquettes ....super fast and zero chemical smell so common with most briquettes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here