Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I wonder how long it will take them to spot the error.

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 19:41

Leone paid a credit card bill with a check for $71.20 and today we received a statement saying we owed a negative $639.80. Obviously we were credited with $712.00. Checked the balance on our checking account on line and we were debited with $71.20. Bet they figure it out rather quickly I should send them a statement for interest on the amount they owe us. Bet in a few days we get a corrected statement.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I wonder how long it will take them to spot the error.

I once was sent a duplicate of a $6,000 insurance payment check....I deposited it in a hurry.....the insurance company stopped payment....my bank charged me the stop payment fee....I protested but never got my $12 or whatever back.
"They" are always right....even when they make a mistake!

o

Oh,I understand the frustration.After 30 some years of clear sailing, we've been caught in a computer hell from our insurance company.
Keep cool and keep in touch

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 14:20

A few years ago, while using online banking, I put the decimal point in the wrong place, didn't catch it, and overpaid our $17.87 long distance bill by $1769.13! I realized it, quickly, but the damage was done. My bank said once the money had been sent, it was "out of their hands", and the phone company said it would have to "go through channels" to be refunded! One wrong click took over six months to be corrected. I've really tried to check my decimal point placing, since then. Just another example of my having to learn things the hard way.

George, I'll bet it won't take that long for them to correct their error!

o

• Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 18:38

I had to force the bank to deduct a check I had written to my dentist. It never showed up on the bank statement but the dentist was paid. I just Knew if I beleived the bank suddenly they would discover their error and I would have a bounced check or something.

o

Just read a story about a man who was jailed for spending money that the bank mistakenly deposited into his account. It's a good thing that you are honest folks.

o

Keep your records up to date and keep them well filed and handy.
Amazing how things can snowball.Insurance company had computer problems, and they lost some of our records and they asked us to provide documentation after documentation. We provided it all. The insurance company was late providing proof of insurance to the mortgage company, the mortgage company demanded "proof of insurance" from us. I provided that. The insurance company had sent us proof of insurance way before the deadline, but apparently they did not send it to mortgage holder. Sigh.
In the end it's up to us to make sure we can provide the documentation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here