Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saturday night

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 19:55

9 hours of thunderstorms, a couple of 1/2 hour breaks. The noise and the lightning put the 4th of July fireworks to shame. After the third power failure I waited until about 10 AM to reset all the clocks in the various appliances,after a couple of additional scattered storms. The rain is very welcome, we are below the average.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saturday night

• Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 20:06

We had a batch of rain in the afternoon; then again lots of thunder, but not as much rain about 3:00 a.m.

Total rain was less than one inch. That should put us over 14 inches for June and July. Cooler weather to follow for the next week. The rain and cooler temperatures will help as I dig up iris that need to be cleaned up and ready to be moved to a new spot.

o

All we've had for the last few days is hot, hot weather. No movement whatsoever.

o

I am in the same spot, WG - we had all week around 100, one day it got to 104 - too darn hot! Outlook for this week, according to NOAA, is in the upper nineties. I go and water before it heats up, hoping the water will keep flowing.

o

Rain is so good when it's needed. We had storms last night.

I've actually cut down to half my asthma medication and been successful. My medical provider said, why not take the entire dose in the morning since its a long-acting medication? Well now I know why not-because my asthma is connected purely to weather and if there is a storm overnight, I'm outta luck. Last night, I awoke at 3AM. At first, I couldn't figure out why I was awake. When I did figure it out (duh!) and took some medication, then, I went right back to sleep. Guess I'll never be rid of it completely.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here