Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes, July 12, 2011

Posted by husky004_ z5 NY (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 21:03

Hope, deceitful as it is, serves at least to lead us to the end of our lives by an agreeable route. ~Fran�ois Duc de La Rochefoucauld

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs man's torments. ~Friedrich Nietzsche, Human, All Too Human, 1878

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

Hope is the word which God has written on the brow of every man. ~Victor Hugo

To eat bread without hope is still slowly to starve to death. ~Pearl S. Buck

And I need to end with my quote about hope

Hope is the ability to lie to yourself...husky004_

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes, July 12, 2011

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 14:00

Good quotes, yours is right on, though - I always think hope in itself without action turns into a pipe-dream

o
RE: Quotes, July 12, 2011

There is hope and there is hope. Hoping to win the lottery without playing is one thing, hoping that your work in the garden will bring results, another, even if sometimes nature don't play along.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here