Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

I guess be careful of what you wish for

gandle
12 years ago

It has been such a cool even cold spring and beginning of summer, last Tuesday the furnace kicked on for one cycle in the morning.

The cabbage, kohl rabi, letuce and spinach loved it but the rest of the garden just acted like it was too chilly to do anything.

Well anyway we kept wishing for some warm weather. Today we got it, 100 degrees and since it rains every night and all the creeks and the river are in flood stage the humidity is out of sight.

We managed to pick almost a gallon of red raspberries today and Leone baked shortcake in the roaster over, she set it on the bench in my shop. Said it was too hot to run the oven in the house so we had raspberry shortcake for dinner this evening. Sieved about a pint of them an used the seedles juices over the top of the shortcake before we piled on the whipped cream. A little decadent and even 2 hours later I'm still too full. At this rate I may make the weight that the MD wants me to make, but if I keep eating like that it will be mostly fat instead of muscle.

This time of year fruit seems to be so plentiful and inexpensive, local food store has 8 ounce blueberries for $1:49 so we are putting a lot of them in the freezer, they sure won't grow here since they need an acid soil and ours sure isn't.

In the winter, blueberries mixed about half and half with the raspberries we freeze make a wonderful cobbler.

Quit talking about food and go out and finish sanding a settee I built for a woman. Leone said she will paint it as soon as the woman decides for sure what color she wants. I hate to paint with oil base paint so will be happy to turn that part of the project over to her.

Leone says, tell them we got the invitation today for the wedding of the last grandkid. Sept. 3rd. He's very tall,6'5" and she barely hits 5'5" but they sure make a good looking couple. Seems kind of sad to have the last of 8 grandkids married. Seems like we were going to their volleyball, basketball and football games and class plays only yesterday.

Running on as usual. I promise I'll shut up for a while.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions