Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes, July 10, 2011

Posted by husky004_ z5 NY (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 10, 11 at 22:20

Sorry-I posted this under Quotes July 9, 2011 also

Peace in ourselves, peace in the world.
- Thich Nhat Hanh

Perhaps the most important thing we bring to another person is the silence in us, not the sort of silence that is filled with unspoken criticism or hard withdrawal. The sort of silence that is a place of refuge, of rest, of acceptance of someone as they are. We are all hungry for this other silence. It is hard to find. In its presence we can remember something beyond the moment, a strength on which to build a life. Silence is a place of great power and healing.

- Rachel Naomi Remen

We rely upon the poets, the philosophers, and the playwrights to articulate what most of us can only feel, in joy and sorrow. They illuminate the thoughts for which we only grope; they give us the strength and balm we cannot find in ourselves. Whenever I feel my courage wavering I rush to them. They will give me the wisdom of acceptance, the will and resilience to push on.

- Helen Hayes

I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself.

- Maya Angelou

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes, July 10, 2011

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 0:27

Husky, these are so wonderful! I am getting ready for bed and shall ruminate over these while settling my mind toward rest.
Peace

o

It's bedtime for me too, and those are perfect to read just before I sleep. Thank you so much.

o

The quotes are wonderful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here