Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
She lost it,

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 22:30

Not even wearing thr alien gogglrs.

Was watching the loval news on ABC station and the woman giving the news had an itrm avout thr stock,em. They had a meeting and I guess seminar about a product that cattke generate. Manure. The local anchor woman said, cattke emen gathered today in Lexington NE to discuss manure and discuss uses for this product. The newswoman started to chuckle bedore she even finished the sentence and by the ti,e she finished she was roaring with laughter .. She said as they cut azway for a cimmercial, God, I love this job.If you can read the abobe I'll be amazed. I sure can;t read it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: She lost it,

Is her name Colleen Williams? I tried to look up that story on video but couldn't find it.

o

I couldn't find a video of it, but I assume this is the story.

Here is a link that might be useful: story

o

lol, gandle, Funny story. I started laughing while reading it.
Thanks for posting.

o

I did misread your post, and now that I have reread it, yes, I can read the above! It was funny. My other post was to get the article so others could "read" it. Oh. My mistake. I did get it ALL. You did fine without the goggles. It was just too early for me.

:)

o

I read your post just fine, George. It's hard to imagine what the farmers must have been thinking if someone was standing there trying to tell them about manure as fertilizer...WOW! I would have probably been laughing uncontrollably, too. Now I can understand their being enthralled with seeing a "new and improved" piece of equipment.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 18:10

George, that was a great story; thanks for posting it, and we all managed to figure out what you wrote. I've read before that if the first and last letters in a word are correct, most folks just automatically know what is meant. Believe me, any post from you is worth deciphering!

((((Hugs to you and Leone))))

o

I lost it reading. Us, who go back to natural fertilizers before all the chemicals can have a fun time with the news. I translated your e-mail and forwarded it to my farmer relatives in Germany.

Going back to my agricultural college days - maintaining a good manur heap is a science in itself.

o

I read a report that the "new" way was to apply manuer was in a liquid form, using huge machinery.
Now they are getting smart, using available material.
I've been making compost and manuer "tea" for a long time.

o

George not to worry.
We can read your posts.

o

Yep, I read it just fine, too. :o)

Not trying to hijack the post or anything but...a TV anchor getting the giggles ain't nothing compared to what another anchor did during her live newscast.

Nine months pregnant, she worked literally until she went into labor on the air. They took a commercial break and, when they came back for the next segment of the news, she wasn't there. Found out later that was the night she gave birth to her first child. :o)

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here