Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes July 9, 2011

Posted by husky004_ z5 NY (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 23:26

It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts. ~K.T. Jong

Inside myself is a place where I live all alone, and that's where I renew my springs that never dry up. ~Pearl Buck

I think that I cannot preserve my health and spirits, unless I spend four hours a day at least - and it is commonly more than that - sauntering through the woods and over the hills and fields, absolutely free from all worldly engagements. ~Henry David Thoreau

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes July 9, 2011

A good set of quotes, though Henry's four hours a day are not a thing everyone can accomplish so easy
Thank you, Husky

o
RE: Quotes July 10, 2011

Peace in ourselves, peace in the world.

- Thich Nhat Hanh

Perhaps the most important thing we bring to another person is the silence in us, not the sort of silence that is filled with unspoken criticism or hard withdrawal. The sort of silence that is a place of refuge, of rest, of acceptance of someone as they are. We are all hungry for this other silence. It is hard to find. In its presence we can remember something beyond the moment, a strength on which to build a life. Silence is a place of great power and healing.

- Rachel Naomi Remen

We rely upon the poets, the philosophers, and the playwrights to articulate what most of us can only feel, in joy and sorrow. They illuminate the thoughts for which we only grope; they give us the strength and balm we cannot find in ourselves. Whenever I feel my courage wavering I rush to them. They will give me the wisdom of acceptance, the will and resilience to push on.

- Helen Hayes

I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself.

- Maya Angelou

o

Oops sorry, i posted under the wrong post!!!

o

lol, I think you posted it in the right place.
I agree with Maya Angelou, somewhat, "I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself."
I've been to a lot of places and the constant is that I bring "home" with me no matter where I go.

o

right it is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here