Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 7 -7 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 23:59

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
James Madison

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
James Madison

No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.
James Madison

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 7 -7 -13

All of them bear repeating and repeating, but who is listening!

o

Amen, Anneliese

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 13:16

Why do most of us realize the reasoning and validity of there words, but our elected officials don't? Do we really elect incompetent people to represent/govern us, or do they change once they get in office and get a taste of power?

I won't be here, but I fear for the kind of country in which my great-grandchildren will live.

o

We do elect the people representing us.
Sometimes I wonder how some people can elect someone who thinks so differently from me. On the other hand, I'm sure there are people that wonder how someone can elect someone so different from them.
mweel, " or do they change once they get in office and get a taste of power? "
We give them power.
I don't worry much about my kids, grand kids or great grand kids, because I've taught them that they have to navigate through their own era, just as I had to navigate through my own era.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here