Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 22 August

Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 22, 10 at 0:01

I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do. ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 22 August

How timely your first quote is. I'm reading To Kill A Mockingbird right now,for the 2nd time in my life. There is such a difference between a merely good book and a great book.

o
RE: Quote 22 August

I like the Lee Harper quote. Mark Twain says basically the same. I guess it comes from the fact that physical courage is mainly tetesterone driven and instinctive; the moral courage needs thinking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here