Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 8 -3 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 0:14

Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself.
Walter Anderson

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
Buddha

Joy in looking and comprehending is nature's most beautiful gift.
Albert Einstein

We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it.
John Lennon

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
Bil Keane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 8 -3 -13

A great start for the day, especially since I was a bit down this morning. Thanks, Don.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 8:53

These quotes are all wonderful.

There must be a message for me in the Buddha quote, for it's the third time I've seen it in two weeks. In fact, just last night, I copied it onto the pad I keep by the computer to write down things I want to remember. I may need to copy each of your quotes for today, Don.

Thanks so much for them.

o

Good ones to close out the week, good morning, everyone - smile

o

Here’s one from one of my favourite writers:

It’s never too late to become what you might have been.
-George Eliot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here