Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 8 -6 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 6, 13 at 0:42

Anytime four New Yorkers get into a cab together without arguing, a bank robbery has just taken place.
Johnny Carson

The first time I landed in New York and got a cab to my hotel, I was completely struck by it: a feeling of life and chaos, 24 hours around the clock, just like in London. And whatever your problem is, it's insignificant. You're just a small part of something very big.
America Ferrera

Driving a cab is not really a nurturing type of relationship. You take people and they tip you, they may not tip you, you don't know their names, they don't care about you, you don't care about them.
Pam Grier

When I was 9, my parents let me take a cab to the mall all by myself. I had hardly any money to spend, but I did have a very specific list of things I wanted to do: buy cookies and sit on the furniture at Sears.
Leslie Mann

The one thing you shouldn't do is try to tell a cab driver how to get somewhere.
Jimmy Fallon

The Mills Brothers
Cab Driver

Cab driver, drive by Mary's place
I just want a chance to see her face
Don't stop the meter, let it race
Cab driver, drive by Mary's place

Cab driver, once more 'round the block
Never mind the tickin' of the clock
I only wish we could have had a talk
Cab driver, once more 'round the block

Cab driver, once more down the street
There's a little place we used to eat
That's where I laid my future at her feet
Cab driver, once more down the street

Cab driver, wait here by the door
Perhaps I'll hold her in my arms once more
Then things will be just like they were before
Cab driver, wait here by the door

Cab driver, better take me home
I guess that I was meant to be alone
I hope God sends me a loved one of my own

Here is a link that might be useful: Cab Driver, sung by The Mills Brothers!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 8 -6 -13

Nostalgia! Another part of transportation when I was young,

o

Oh what a nice toe tapping musical quote,
Our wildest cab ride was at the London airport parking garage.
Our flight was late, so we had very little time to our connecting flight. We approached a cabby and asked if he could get us to the flight in time. He hesitated, so I flashed him a $20.00 greenback.
He said, jump in, We, DH and I, my mom and our three children jumped in and the ride began, It was something like the Indy 500 and and a demolition derby all at the same time.
We made the flight with seconds to spare,
I'm in awe of this London cabby.

o

I need a cab every once-in-a while since we don't drive anymore. Luckily our local taxi-drivers are mostly real nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here