Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 8 - 8 - 12

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 0:57

Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense.
Gertrude Stein

Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons.
R. Buckminster Fuller

I am sorry to say that there is too much point to the wisecrack that life is extinct on other planets because their scientists were more advanced than ours.
John F. Kennedy

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
Albert Einstein

The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it.
Edward R. Murrow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 8 - 8 - 12

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 7:23

Each of these quotes speaks truth.

In today's world, there is such an overload of information, that eventually, we become blase/inured/hardened to things that we really should pay attention to.

o

Technology would be alright if it would be used for the right reasons, but all to often it's the opposite.
I know I skim quit often the news and miss things I should read because there is just too much unimportand info mixed in.

o

We forget that information is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here