Sunset comes earlier
But the heat prevails
Stunning clear sky

Turkey Vultures riding the updrafts
For the joy of it

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An August poem

Lilo I have a feeling you are the author.

o

I confess: I am

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 18:12

Beautiful, Lilo.

I confess that I was happy when our 6 a.m. temp was 59 degrees!! When it gets down to 49 degrees, I'll really be thrilled!! :>)

o

It was 51 early this morning, 3:52 here now and it's 104.
Supposed to get back into the eighties, where it belongs, by late this week

o

You got it Lilo, all but the turkey vultures, we don't have those here.We have all the other things in your poem. Well said.

o

West Gardener - the vultures need carrion, I don't believe there is enough carrion in Silicon Valley :)

o

Lilo, the Silicon Valley has a lot of vultures and carriion, but they are of the human kind,

o

West Gardener - I bet they are there, but they don't loe riding the thermals, they hide under rocks

o

I was just thinking how we needed a "ramblin'" thread since it's becoming obvious that the beginning changes for the next season are showing up. Crazy-flyaway hair flowers and shrubs are making their appearance, the sun is in the sky less often and cooler nights. I like your poem, it connects to how I feel inside; seemingly a universal idea. It's nice!

o

What does August look like here in the burbs? I wish I could write poetry, but no go.
Neighbors brought amazing peaches and tomatoes. My few beans are ready to pick and I'll dry them for planting next next year. Neighbor's gourd plants are crawling over our fence and they are a thing of beauty. The local farmer's market is filled with beautiful fruits and veggies.
This is my early august, 2012.
What does yours look like?

o

A couple of days with some rain, not enough to help the farmers much and 2 days with a high of 82 degr. The garden has the dumps.

o

Cloudy, muggy and hot - slight chance of thunderstorms, they say.
El Nino is on his way, so the weather gurus are telling us. Joann and I are going to have our roofs looked over and repairs made where needed, best be prepared.
It's been so hot for so long that the vegetables and tomatoes have not progressed as they usually do, maybe we shall harvest some by early September. At least we have plenty of water.
Getting cabin-fever, spending so much time in a darkened living-room, but the good thing is the aftermath of the cataract removal: I have good reading-glasses and enough books to keep me amused, interested and enlightened.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here