Sunset comes earlier

But the heat prevails

Stunning clear sky

Turkey Vultures riding the updrafts

For the joy of it

Comments (12)

• oscarthecat
    11 years ago

Lilo I have a feeling you are the author.

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I confess: I am

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Lilo.

I confess that I was happy when our 6 a.m. temp was 59 degrees!! When it gets down to 49 degrees, I'll really be thrilled!! :>)

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It was 51 early this morning, 3:52 here now and it's 104.
    Supposed to get back into the eighties, where it belongs, by late this week

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

You got it Lilo, all but the turkey vultures, we don't have those here.We have all the other things in your poem. Well said.

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

West Gardener - the vultures need carrion, I don't believe there is enough carrion in Silicon Valley :)

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Lilo, the Silicon Valley has a lot of vultures and carriion, but they are of the human kind,

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

West Gardener - I bet they are there, but they don't loe riding the thermals, they hide under rocks

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

I was just thinking how we needed a "ramblin'" thread since it's becoming obvious that the beginning changes for the next season are showing up. Crazy-flyaway hair flowers and shrubs are making their appearance, the sun is in the sky less often and cooler nights. I like your poem, it connects to how I feel inside; seemingly a universal idea. It's nice!

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

What does August look like here in the burbs? I wish I could write poetry, but no go.
    Neighbors brought amazing peaches and tomatoes. My few beans are ready to pick and I'll dry them for planting next next year. Neighbor's gourd plants are crawling over our fence and they are a thing of beauty. The local farmer's market is filled with beautiful fruits and veggies.
    This is my early august, 2012.
    What does yours look like?

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

A couple of days with some rain, not enough to help the farmers much and 2 days with a high of 82 degr. The garden has the dumps.

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Cloudy, muggy and hot - slight chance of thunderstorms, they say.
    El Nino is on his way, so the weather gurus are telling us. Joann and I are going to have our roofs looked over and repairs made where needed, best be prepared.
    It's been so hot for so long that the vegetables and tomatoes have not progressed as they usually do, maybe we shall harvest some by early September. At least we have plenty of water.
    Getting cabin-fever, spending so much time in a darkened living-room, but the good thing is the aftermath of the cataract removal: I have good reading-glasses and enough books to keep me amused, interested and enlightened.

Sponsored
Steadfast Construction
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Arlington County's Experienced Custom Deck Builder I Best of Houzz
More Discussions