Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does Mr. Spike still run this place?

Posted by felisapiens (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 7, 10 at 1:30

I can only hope so. He was always good to my wife and I.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does Mr. Spike still run this place?

He sold it to ivillage several years back.
It different now.

o

Very different now.

I really miss Spike, but the people here are still good to visit.

o

felisapiens you have an amazing memory! I can't believe you remember mr spike from 10 years ago. I forgot all about that. It definitely is much different here now..I would hardly recognize it were it not for the green leaf icon they use next to the post titles

o

Egad, no. Spike sold to ivillage years ago. It's corporate ownership now, but they don't intrude that much, at least not at the GP.

o

Heyyyy CatDude, so good to see you man. As everyone said, nah, Spike said it just got to be too much work. They couldn't go anywhere, were stuck to the puter rooms. He was always very nice to me too. Had some good conversations.

o

Can't remember when he sold out, geez, had to be like 2002?

He and Susie got married and bought a big old house in Massachusetts that they're remodeling, I stopped by back in...2003, i think? Last time i "talked" to him he sent me some pics of a nice pond and bamboo garden, at any rate, sounds like he's doin just fine!

Hi Dorie! Say hey to Robert for me! All kinds of old-timers poppin up!

lynnieb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here