Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes 8 - 11 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 1:33

In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.
Mark Twain

One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.
Maya Angelou

To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.
Confucius

Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven

When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others.
Dalai Lama

Those who have virtue always in their mouths, and neglect it in practice, are like a harp, which emits a sound pleasing to others, while itself is insensible of the music.
Diogenes

If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
Richard Bach

Practice puts brains in your muscles.
Sam Snead

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes 8 - 11 - 14

Oh, I am practicing how to sit on pins and needles, setting priorities and refrain from jumping to conclusions, getting better at that.
Thank you for the quotes.

o

Having volunteered in schools several years, I have to agree with Mark Twain. Wonder what he would make of today's schoolbards.

o

I practice and practice all the good stuff mentioned in the quotes, but being human, I'll never be perfect and that is ok with me.
Good thoughts and quotes,Don.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here