Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 8 - 15 - 14

User
9 years ago

You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
Albert Camus

You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
Buddha

A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.
George A. Moore

Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom.
Rumi

Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind.
Bertrand Russell

You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Like a pianist runs her fingers over the keys, I'll search my mind for what to say. Now, the poem may want you to write it. And then sometimes you see a situation and think, 'I'd like to write about that.' Those are two different ways of being approached by a poem, or approaching a poem.
Maya Angelou

I think most artists create out of despair. The very nature of creation is not a performing glory on the outside, it's a painful, difficult search within.
Louise Berliawsky Nevelson

Man - a being in search of meaning.
Plato

Comments (3)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    9 years ago

All you need is love?

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

I'm so surprised at how many people are searching for the meaning of life.
    Like "Man - a being in search of meaning."
    Plato

• anneliese_32
    9 years ago

The Camus quote is my favorite today.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions