Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Insomnia

endorphinjunkie
12 years ago

I seem to have it tonight. It's been more than a while since the last bout. I really shouldn't say "bout" because I don't mind it, much. Night time is the best time to do some serious thinking. Problems seem to work themselves out quicker without the distractions of the day. Have been outside the last thirty minutes or so sky watching. Re-familiarized myself with some old friends. Jupiter is rising in the east. Vega, in Lyra, is shining in the west. The Plough is faintly visible, skirting low on the northern horizon. I am a child of the Sun and Moon. As the ancients said, two great lights in the sky. We moderns know it to be only one great light, and the second is actually just the reflected light of the great light.

I would go kayaking, but the new moon and is no where to be found for the next day or two. I love sailing and kayaking at night, but do need the light of the full moon to make it enjoyable and safe.

Wonder if I will be granted a few hours of sleep before I have to go to work in the morning. This week is finals and I really need to show up.

Hynos is sweetly calling my name and I do feel if I lay down I might get a wink or two. That's nice because I don't like to depend on Morpheus.

Sleep, sweet sleep. Elusive it can be.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions