Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes, 08/12/10

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 4:19

Weather means more if you have a garden. There's nothing like listening to a shower and thinking how it is soaking around your green beans.
Marcelene Cox

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes, 08/12/10

And my dahlias. Steve S.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 13:44

We finally got a little rain this morning around five a.m., along with fierce lightening and thunder. It poured for about fifteen minutes, long enough that I knew I wouldn't have to water my two tomato plants, today. If we're lucky, another storm may roll thru this evening and give some more rain. The unfortunate part is that many areas closer to D.C. got blasted, too. That's happened three or four times times in the last ten days. Some folks were without power for a week. That got old in a hurry!

o

And my trees, when the first rain comes, I think I hear slurping sounds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here