Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote, 08/13/11

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 4:40

Whether one sees the world as God's creation or as a secular mystery that science is on the way to figure out, there is no denying the beauty and majesty of everything from mountain ranges, deserts and rain forests to the equisite details in the design of an ordinary mosquito.
Robert C. Solomon

We stand now were two roads diverge. But unlike the roads in Robert Frost's familiar poem, they are not equally fair. The road we have long been traveling is deceptively easy, a smooth superhighway on which we progress with great speed, but at its end lies disaster. The other fork of the road---the one least traveled by---offers our last, our only chance to reach a destination that assures the preservation of the earth.
Rachel Carson

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote, 08/13/11

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 9:02

Rachel Carson's warning needs to be heeded, but I'm not sure it is - are we in a handbasket already?
Dawn is breaking and I look out at the trees and the lightening sky, have been woken by the setting moon as it slid behind the trees and the hill to the West.

Thank you, Anneliese, for a good week of quotes

o

Yes a great week Anneliese. Steve in Stevens County.

o

Good quotes this week, thanks.

o

A particulary lovely week of quotes. Thank you from one who loves nature. Even in a home with the starkest of modern designs.......a vase of flowers grounds us.

o

Thanks anneliese for the great quotes.
Especially,

"preservation of the earth. ".

Rachel Carson

The earth is our lifeline at this time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here