Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote, 08/13/10

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 10 at 6:35

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.
Charles Dudley Warner

The weather is like the government, always in the wrong.
Jerome K. Jerome

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote, 08/13/10

Since a lot of you have had such "hot" weather, I'm reluctant to post this ,but we've had a glorious cool summer so far. A steady 60 degrees low and about 71-73 high for a couple of months now. We talk about our weather, but I have not heard of anyone that want's to change it. However, the forecast says that it is "heating" up in the next few days, so I may use a blue word now and then.

o

West... plbbbbbbbtttttt... lol.. Just kidding. Am glad someone has been able to enjoy this summer. We've been so hot my dogs nails are going to need cutting. He usually just wears them down racing across the driveway as he races from backyard to front yard to side yard and back again.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 14, 10 at 13:33

West Gardener, I'm truly glad that some place in the U.S. has had good weather, this summer. If yours has been as you described it for a couple of months, you've really been blessed! When you say the forecast calls for "heating" up in the next few days, how high are you talkin'? And does the humidity or dew point stay low? Those two things add much to our discomfort, unfortunately. Last winter I said I wouldn't complain about the heat this year, but I've sure made a prevaricator of myself!

o

The forecaster said we could go up to 83 degrees next week. That is hot for this area. The humidity can reach 90 in the early morning while there is a fog bank, but it burns off early am and it goes down to about 64. I don't know about the dew point.

o

I live 45 miles south of SF
See link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: cool weather

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 13:48

west gardener, I'm really going to expose my inability to explain, even understand *scientific* stuff, but if you type "difference between dew point and humidity" into your search box, it'll take you to several sites where it's explained!

All I know is our local weather guru keeps saying when the dew point gets above 60%, it's VERY uncomfortable. Evidently, the closer the dew point gets to the actual air temperature, the worse it feels -- or something like that!

When I read the article in your link, I was fascinated by the fact that some restaurants put space heaters in their outdoor eating areas to keep diners warm.

Thanks for your response.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here