Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oscarthecat_gw

Margaret

oscarthecat
14 years ago

My wife Margaret died last week. I had no idea a 95 nlb. girl from Shepherdstown West Virginia had become so much a part of me. We went together for two weeks before we married. Everyone said it wouldn't last. They were right. 56 years and it's over. Steve in Baltimore County.

Comments (32)

• lilod
    14 years ago

Oh Steve, I am so sorry! There are no words...
    She lives in your heart...

• mwoods
    14 years ago

I don't know what to say...can't even imagine how you have to be feeling and what a huge hole you must have in your heart right now. I am just so very sorry.

• pamven
    14 years ago

Im sorry Steve.

• gandle
    14 years ago

Steve, we are so sorry for your loss.

• norar_il
    14 years ago

I'm very sorry.

• endorphinjunkie
    14 years ago

I am sorry for your loss, too.

• User
    14 years ago

Thoughts and caring to you and yours.

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    14 years ago

Steve, thank you for sharing your news with us. If you feel able, please feel free to share some stories about Margaret. She sounds someone very special.

You're in my thoughts.

• mawheel
    14 years ago

Steve, I am so sorry for your loss.

• calliope
    14 years ago

I am very saddened for your loss, Steve and it certainly is a shock. I can tell from your posts over time you are a special person as I am sure she must have also been. Fifty six years is a wonderful example of a partnership, love and commitment.

I am not a gushy person, but several times now I've told my husband he's given me a very good life, and thanked him. I know without a doubt she would have to have felt the same thing.

• Janis_G
    14 years ago

Steve, there are no words to tell you how sorry I am
    that you've lost the love of your life.

• gabriell_gw
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry to learn of your recent loss.

• neil_allen
    14 years ago

I've very sorry.

• kris_zone6
    14 years ago

I am very sorry for your loss. Your memories will sustain you through this period. Know that many of us are thinking of you.

• tisha_
    14 years ago

Oh my goodness, I am SO sorry to hear of your loss. I've been away from GW for (gosh, probably months now) and this is the first thing I read when I clicked the link just now. It sounds like the 2 of you had a nice, long life toghether.

• jazmynsmom
    14 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. I have no words.

• beanmomma
    14 years ago

Steve, I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. Words seem so hollow. (((Steve)))

• coconut_nj
    14 years ago

Steve, I'm so sorry that your Margaret has passed on. I can only imagine the hollowness you feel. I'm with Sara in hoping that when you're up to it you'll share some of your memories with Margaret. I'm sure we'd all like to know her through your eyes.

• batyabeth
    14 years ago

Gentle blessings, my friend. For whatever comfort this little community can offer you, know that we hold you close.
    Batya

• anneliese_32
    14 years ago

Steve, I am so sorry. I keep you in my thoughts.

Anneliese

• meldy_nva
    14 years ago

My sympathy to you and yours on your loss. You were fortunate to have had her company for so long.

Please don't hesitate to tell us about the special moments you remember.

Hugs,
    meldy

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    14 years ago

I am so very sorry for you Steve. My best and most heartfelt condolences.

• tibs
    14 years ago

Steve, I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss.2 weeks courtship and 56 years of marriage. Should be made into a romantic movie.

• mary_piper
    14 years ago

Steve, I'm very sorry for your loss. When you feel like it, please tell us about her. You're in my prayers.

Mary

• firstkim
    14 years ago

Steve, I just saw this. I'm so very sorry. She must have been one special lady, and I know you're missing her very much. I've learned well over the years that the folks here can always be counted on to be here whenever you need someone to "be there." Come often to take whatever comfort we can offer. (((Steve)))

• cecilia_md7a
    14 years ago

Steve, firstkim emailed me about the sad news. I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• gflynn
    14 years ago

Steve,

So nice to hear a story of success in a world where there are so many stories of failure. You and Margaret are an example to the rest of us for loving each other.

Thanks,
    Greg

• calliope
    14 years ago

Steve, I see under Sheila's birthday post, you'll be headed for chewelah directly. That's home, isn't it? Have a safe trip, and may it wrap you in comfort.

• avoirgold
    14 years ago

Oh Steve! I am so very sorry. I know that Margaret had be sick on and off over the last year or so. I think you missed a swap or seed swap because she was in the hospital. Congratulations on such a special and long lasting love. She is with you always. Again, so very sorry.

Jen

• wtgxi
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss. Wendy

• wandaredhead
    14 years ago

Steve,

I, too, am so sorry to hear of your Margaret's passing.
    Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Wanda

• petaloid
    14 years ago

I hope you'll let us know how you're doing, when you feel up to it.

We're thinking of you.

Sponsored
More Discussions