Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this leak week?

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 8:34

GRRRR! Found a big water puddle in front of the washer/dryer downstairs. Looked behind the pair, no water. Wiped up the water and 10 min later there is more water. Took me a while to register that the water came out from the front of the washer. Door was open and the drum filled to the low point with water. I traced it back to the valve in the washer.
I think I get a new washer. It's already 15 years old.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this leak week?

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 8:57

Probably is a good idea to replace it. Once things start falling apart, it seems to become a chain reaction

o

Oh, dear....lilod is sooooo right!

First it was our 'fridge, then the water heater, then the dish washer, and then....the washing machine.

Dorie

o

You can bet on it!! once the seals,etc. start to wear out, everything made of similar material will wear out about the same time.

I spent a fortune trying to repair our old washer....and THEN it dawned on me what was happening! Duh!

o

Our water company sent us a letter, offering to come to the house and make a "free" water usage audit on our house.
I like the "free" part, but they woud have suggestions on how to replace our appliances with water saving appliances.We have some that are water saving and some are not, and then there are the automatic sprinklers for the "lawns".
As far as I know, we do not have any leaks this week, but I'm on the case.
For now, I'll go with anneliese_32's hunt and seek method.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here