Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
setting moon at pre-dawn

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 9:05

This is the way it looked this morning as the setting moon peeked into my bedroom window, wakening me.
Picture is taken from my deck.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: setting moon at pre-dawn

Love it. Here the moisture went down and consequently it was a normal pretty full moon.

o

Great photo. I've never got that close to the moon. What kind of camera do you use?

o

West Gardener: a Canon Power Shot 590 - but I do a lot of cropping to get the effect I want close up.

o

I watched it rise, looked like a ripe apricot. Went through a darkened room, yet cast a shadow and thought a lamp must be on. It was the moonlight streaming through the window. Moonlit nights suck me outside like a Hoover, and I just took a walk. Skunk has taken up residence somewhere nearby. Something literally Pi**es it off every night. Probably a terminally stupid racoon. Dog barks, aroma drifts in through open window. Moonlight walks don't frighten me, but tripping over skunks do. Got to watch bats chasing each other. They do it for the fun of it.

o

Interesting cloud formations to look through, thanks.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 5, 12 at 12:48

Many mornings when we awake, even tho the windows are closed and A/C is running, the skunk smell is AWFUL! Don't think we have any "terminally stupid raccoons" in the neighborhood, but there probably are a few cats roaming around, which might p . . . it off. Wish they'd all--skunk and roaming cats--go somwwhere else! :<)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here